DO YOU QUALIFY?
IF YOU CAN ANSWER YES TO THESE QUESTIONS, YOU MAY QUALIFY:
- Is at least one property owner 65 years of age or older on January 1, 2018?
- Does the applicant qualify for or already receive a Homestead Exemption?
- Is the total household income for 2018 $29,454 or less?
- Does the applicant live in a tax district offering the exemption? (Belleair Shore does not offer this exemption.)
- Are you applying before the March 1 deadline?
If you are not sure you will qualify, apply anyway. We will determine if you meet the qualifications.
The deadline to file for the senior exemption is March 1. If you do not know your income amount by the March 1 deadline, bring the signed application to one of our offices without your income amount.
The deadline to submit 2018 income documentation is June 1. The Low Income Senior Exemption is based on income received during the previous year.
First-time applicants must file in person, but may complete and sign the form here, then bring the completed form to one of our offices.
You may wish to print this page so you can refer to it while you complete the application.
Form Completion Process
The applications can be completed by either of the following methods:
- Print the form and write in the necessary information.
- Key directly into the form fields then print the application. You must sign the application. Data keyed into the form will not be saved once you exit the program, we suggest that you save a copy of the application to your local hard drive. Fill in all applicable blanks on the application. Use the "Tab" key to move between fields. Note: If you are uncomfortable typing your social security number in on your computer, you may fill that in by hand.
- Print the completed application and sign.
If you file a Form 1040:
- Please provide a copy of the first two pages of your 2018 IRS Form 1040 to one of our office locations before the June 1 deadline (first time applicants must file in person).
If you do not file a Form 1040:
- Complete the Income Worksheet form, or print the form and complete by hand. The income totals should be recorded as ANNUAL amounts.
- Bring the completed forms to one of our office locations before the March 1 deadline.
PINELLAS COUNTY PROPERTY APPRAISER
P O BOX 1957
CLEARWATER, FL 33757-1957
If you have any questions or need assistance completing the forms, please call our Exemptions Department at (727) 464-3207.