IF YOU CAN ANSWER YES TO THESE QUESTIONS, YOU MAY QUALIFY:
- Is at least one property owner 65 years of age or older on January 1?
- Does the applicant qualify for or already receive a Homestead Exemption?
- The total household income limitation for 2019 is $30,174. Is the prior year's total household income $30,174 or less?
- Does the applicant live in a tax district offering the exemption? (Belleair Shore does not offer this exemption)
- Are you applying before the March 1 deadline?
The deadline to file for the senior exemption is March 1. If you do not know your income amount by March 1, apply anyway. The deadline to submit 2018 income documentation is June 1. Low Income Senior Exemption is based on income received during the previous year. We will determine if you meet the qualifications.
Completing the application:
- Fill in all applicable blanks on the application.
- Sign the form
- Mail or bring the completed application to:
PINELLAS COUNTY PROPERTY APPRAISER
P O BOX 1957
CLEARWATER, FL 33757-1957
If you file a Form 1040: Please provide a copy of the first two pages of your 2018 IRS Form 1040 to one of our office locations before the June 1 deadline.
If you do not file a Form 1040: Complete the Income Worksheet form, or print the form and complete by hand. The income totals should be recorded as ANNUAL amounts.
If you have any questions or need assistance completing the forms, please call our Exemptions Department at (727) 464-3207.